Thursday, August 14, 2008

The FAIR! The FAIR!



Have you ever been to a County Fair? I have, and let me just tell you how fun they are--especially when you go with fun people!!! Last night, Victoria and I went to the Fair..we were supposed to meet up with Charlie and Dan, but somewhere along the way things got a little mixed up and we ended up splitting up--girls went one way, and they guys went thier way. Victoria and I had tons of fun. Our first stop was the Commercial room- we wanted to see just how much stuff we could get for free. hahaha it was quiet fun, really. We got tons of McCain stuff, free chic-fil-a coupons, 14 day trial at the gym, (victoria even won a session with a personal trainer!) a couple bibles, (kinda random if you ask me) a social security visor, an emergency rescue coloring book, an american flag, and these really cute firefighter helmets! plus tons of other things! After making our rounds through the building we walked around outside to look around. There were tons of rides, people, food, and animals to all watch. It was very interesting--have you ever noticed the wierd things they have at fairs? The rides look unstable, all the food is fried and overpriced, and the people working there are the strangest people you'd ever seen! We heard that fried oreos are good, so we both wanted to try them. Have you ever tried them? they are pretty interesting. Victoria liked them. I'm not a big fan of oreos, so I didn't really love them..but I suppose they were okay..I felt like they needed something more, like ice cream. :) After spending a couple of hours at the fair--we were beat! I had worked a long day at work and we were both dreading getting up early the next morning...so we left--but on our way out..I saw a man walking his cow and I asked if I could take a picture with it..sounded like an AMAZING idea to me...until I was standing next to the cow and it started moo-ing and I FLIPPED out...normally I can at least pretend like I'm okay for the sake of a picture..but in this case I was just not up for it...it was VERY scaryyyy!(can you see the fear in my face in the picture above?) I wanted to cry. Even now, just thinking about that cow gives me goosebumps. Overall though, besides the whole cow episode, It was very fun and I am very happy that I went! Thanks for the invite, Victoria!!


Jammin out to Spice Girls on the way!!! (of course!!!)







Our free hats! yay! how cute! :)

No comments: