Sunday, August 10, 2008

McCain Rally and the BEACH!

Yesterday Me, Victoria, and Kaytlin all woke up early to go to VA beach for a McCain rally and day at the beach. So we get to where the McCain rally is supposed to be (posters in hand and with multiple stickers on ourselves and cars) and guess what..its not there...so we drive..and drive...and driiiiiiive..and can't find it anywhere!! Well, the address they gave us was on the corner of this park that I have ALWAYS wanted to go to..so we decided that maybe it was at the park, because it was supposed to be a walk. We looked and looked and looked and we couldn't find it.So, we had out own rally at the top of mount trashmore!!! :) Mount Trashmore--you're probably thinking what the heck is that? and what an unusual name! well, I'll tell you..Once upon a time there was this really ugly, smelly, landfill on the side of this beautiful highway along the entrance of Virginia Beach. All the people hated seeing this filthy landfill each time they drove past it...and the smell was horrible! So the complainers all got together and complained. The city of virginia beach gave it some thought--and decided that the complainers were right...It was pretty nasty. So they covered it in dirt, and then grass, and made it into the most beautiful park!!! Isn't that pretty awesome!? Ever since I heard about it I'd wanted to go--and I finally got to! It was soo pretty, and fun too! We climbed the millions of stairs (not really, it just seemed that way) and got to the top and took pictures and rolled down the hill. I only wanted to roll a couple of times for the sake of a picture, but once I started rolling, I COULDN'T STOP! When I finally did stop, I was so dizzy and thought I was going to get sick! At least I got a picture though! After we spent some time at the park we drove to the beach and spent the entire day basking in the sun, reading, chatting, and swimming! After a long hot day at the beach we finally made the long trek home. It seemed like it was taking forver, so what did I do? I made it a little more entertaining. This car of people my age kept passing us, and then we would pass them, and so on. Each time this happened I made a different funny face--and they would DIE laughing---and so would we! I mean really...am I that hideous?! (don't answer that) It was so funny. But its probably not that funny to you becuase you weren't there. Anyways. All in all--It was a fabulous trip and I love the beach! And now for the good part:
Of course, what's a trip to the beach(or anywhere) without a stop at WAWAAA!?

The stairway to Heaven!!

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

At this point I think I was screaming..I CAN'T STOP--I'M GUNNA BE SICK!

Meditating! ahhaha

I LOVE THE BEACHHHHH!!!

For Lori and Kent:

3 comments:

Carla Anne said...

Is that your tattoo? Ok, you guys are hilarious, did you ever find out what happened to the rally?
Loved the concert, went the first weekend in August.

Rheannan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britt and Brett said...

i miss wawa. if you would pick me up one of their wraps and meet me on my way to svu, that would be awesome =) haha that and some i love teriyaki! aaand while we're at it, how about some cajun fries and lots of ketchup from 5 guys!