Tuesday, May 6, 2008

9:00 running buddy

After work today I thought to myself, "What a beautiful day" as I do everyday. But today, I was thinking what a beautiful day to spend outside in the sun, and go swimming and get tan...all while studying for my wonderful microbiology final of course! (I really had good intentions) Everyone has been telling me, that "its too early to go swimming" and "its too cold to go swimming" or "I dare you to go swimming...you won't last more than five minutes," all I really wanna do is swim! So I go out to the backyard, just to see how cold it really is...could it really be as cold as everyone says? I look in the pool before putting my toes in..and there is this LIZARD floating. Poor guy, probably only wanted a drink and ended up dying. Anyway, I thought it was alive and freaked out...totally turned me off to the idea of swimming!


It looks so...alive and freaky..like its going to getchya when you least expect it..I kept waiting for it to run off.


Each night, around nine or so, I change into workout clothes, put on my running shoes, and stretch. Lori and I try and go running every night..sometimes we only manage to go three times a week, but if we are being really good...we go every night. Tonight, was no exception. I don't really know how I got myself into this mess, I HATE RUNNING. It is my least favorite thing to do. But I want to learn to love running, embrace running, befriend running. So each night...I try and patch up our relationship. I don't know why I don't like to run, I think its because of my breathing. I really need to focus on it, if I try really hard to take three steps, then breath I do fine..but if I try talking to Lori, or don't focus on my breathing..I'm outta breath real quick! anyway, its something I am working really hard on! Let me know if you have any tips!!!
Tonight I decided to take pictures while we were running..hahaha!


Me running, I know, I know..I look beautiful!! :)

Lori running..and trying to catch up with the best..I mean..ME! haha (really I only ran ahead of her for a second..she is crazy fast!)

No comments: