Monday was the beginning of my Birthday week celebrations!
(Yes, I need a whole week to celebrate my mother giving birth to me, normally its the entire month, but not this year.)
Lori and I went to Einstein Bagels and shared some delicious bagels. Of course one of them was a plain bagel with pumpkin cream cheese. Uhm, Hello?! Delicious.
Later that night we made a delicious dinner and Mitch came over and Bree and Dillon ate with us. It was SO good. We had Chicken Parmegan, tortellini, loaded garlic bread, and a nice big green salad. And then, for desert PUMPKIN COOKIES! They are one of my favorites! SO GOOD.
So since they are so good, I decided I would share the recipe with you all! Let me know how they turn out.
Pumpkin Cookies
Mix these things in a bowl:
*2 cups of sugar
*2 cups of shortening
*2 cups canned pumpkin
*2 eggs
*2 tsp vanilla
mix and set aside these things:
*5 cups of flour
*2 tsp salt
*4 tsp baking powder
*2 tsp baking soda
*2 tsp nutmeg, cinnamon, ground cloves and pumpkin pie spice
Combine the two so its in one big bowl
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes
Frosting
*8 oz. of cream cheese
*1 stick of butter
*1 tsp vanilla
*1 lb powdered suguar
*Be sure to keep the cookies that are frosted in the fridge because of the cream cheese! I normally frost all of them and put them all in the fridge, or you can frost them as you eat them!*
I gave away almost all my tasty pumpkin cookies, and now I'm sad that I can't eat them all...so I am going to make some again later this week! Want me to drop some off at your place?


No comments:
Post a Comment