Sunday, March 15, 2009

cali-forn-i-a!

On wednesday I left school early to drive to San diego to see my dad. He was there for a business trip and so I figured why not miss two days of school and go to california for a couple days!? The drive was really easy, I left around one and got to our hotel at about five thirty and I made it there in less than a tank of gas! what a deal! :) The hotel we stayed at was nice, we were on the 17th floor, our room over looked all of the gas lamp area and the arena. Our room was a corner room, so the entire room was windows, it was really beautiful. After we took my bags to our room and I got changed and dressed up we went to a nice restaurant in the gas lamp, we had indian food, it was delicious!! :)
On thursday my dad had to work, so I slept in a little bit, and then he came back to the hotel and I went to the mall while he went to work at a different place. Afrer a couple hours of me shopping and him working we met back up and went and had jamba juice.
I think mine was little sour...

After we had jamba juice, we drove to old town San diego and met up with one of my dad's friends for mexican food. The food was delicious and very spicy! I loved it. I must have been really wanting spicy because the food was hot. :) After we ate and visited for a while we went our seperate ways. My dad and I went to a base nearby and parked the car and looked at big military submarines and dolphins. The view was spectacular. When we got back to the hotel, I was so tired, I went straight to sleep.

On friday my dad had some unexpected work he had to do, we woke up early and I went with him. After he was finished working we drove to south coast plaza and we did a lot of shopping. After shopping we drove up to orange county. We also drove to disneyland and walked around downtown disney and hang out around there for a couple hours. After that we drove down the coast and looked out at the pacific ocean. It was a nice drive. We stopped at the beach and walked around for a little bit too. After our nice drive back we went to a big exchange on 32nd street, I got some nice little goodies while I was there! :) When we got back to the hotel we changed and went out for sushi.



Saturday morning we woke up really early so that I could go to the swap meet before I had to drop my dad off at the airport. It was definitally an interesting experience, the san diego swap meet is nothing compared to the orange county and ones I've been to in Hawaii. I did buy a couple things though. After the swap meet we went to Fashion square and did some more shopping and then the time came to drop my dad off at the airport. :( After I dropped him off I made the long trek back home! I had a fabulous little get-away and am so happy that I got to go! Thanks so much dad for everything, you're the best!! :)

3 comments:

nate and amy crandell said...

sooo jealous!! I've been dying to go there!! glad you had a GOOD time!

amylouwhosews said...

I love your relationship with your dad. It is so sweet. I'm glad you had such a fun time! I loved living in San Diego - the gas lamp is fun!!!

Miss you!

Ashleigh said...

hey gal pal,im mad at u cuz u didnt come visit me!meanie![and if u dnt know me im rhens yittle sisst]