Sunday, October 5, 2008

SNOWFLAKE

This past weekend Lori, Kent, and I took a little roadtrip up to snowflake for conference weekend!

Saturday during conference the girl's spent the day in the kitchen!

We worked from 130 until 10 at night on PEACHES! We canned peaches and made jam! I'm all peached ouuuut! But it was so fun, and I can't wait to do it again next year! :)



Lindsey is not allergic to peaches..not at all! :) We told the kids that Lindsey got punched in the face by me and if they were naughty they would get punched too! I asked little Addie if she wanted a peice of me and she looked up and said...yesss? hahahaaaa

After all 4 million of the jars were filled with peachy goodness, Kent and I drove to the temple to go on a walk :) It was so stinkin' COLD outside. Anyway- we walked and walked and walked. Then it started raining a little bit--but we still kept on walking and enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the temple and surrounding golf course. As we are walking on the golf course...late at night...with no lights..I look up from the ground to make eye contact with Kent and I step in this HUUUUGE mud puddle, actually "step" isn't the right word. I almost biffed it! I quickly grabbed onto Kent and before we knew it, we were both in the mud. No, I'm kidding...I did slip, but luckily I grabbed onto Kent and he saved my life. haha. Aren't these pictures gross? ANND-If you could smell that mud you would throw up. I think it was sewege, it smelled disgusting. I had to throw my favorite brown flip-flops away. Kent washed them for me..but they still smelled disgusting--I just couldn't do it.


After Kent dropped me off at the cabin Lori and I were staying at- Lori saw a big spider on the wall right next to my pillow! Scary! I was on the phone with Stacy when she told me..Luckily Lori killed it for me..although she has kind of hesitant..she wanted me to kill it..I said heck no! I'd rather walk to Kent's place to sleep! haha so she killed the dang thing for me.
Stacy-here's a visual to what we were talking about on the phone..Imagine it at night..when its dark in there! Here's just a couple of the scarier ones.



The weekend was fabulous. Conference was great. I think anyone that missed it should read it online! It was so so so good! :) I can't wait till next conference! I especially liked Elder Russel M. Nelson's talk about marriage..maybe one of these days Mr. Right will ask me to marry him, until then-I'll just keep waiting...

No comments: