Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chocolate Covered Cherries

Tuesday, on my day off, instead of packing and getting ready to go back to ARIZONA Heather and I decided to make chocolate covered cherries! They are so easy to make (Hey-trust me, if I can make them..anyone can!) and they are oh so delicious! :) So I thought that since they were so easy to make--I would share the recipe!
Things you need:
Chocolate!
Marishino Cherries!
Fondant!
Cherry trays!
A paint brush!
1.Take your chocolate and put it into a pot to melt!

2. Drain the cherries and put them aside (Keep the juice!YOU WILL NEED IT!)
3. Add fondant to the cherry juice, I just did it spoonful by spoonful, until it was a pretty pink and thick, but still a little runny consistancy.
4. Paint the melted chocolate into the cherry trays.
5. Stick them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove from freezer and add cherry and juice/fondant mix. (not too full--or else they will crack open)
7. Paint more chocolate over the top. (as you can see, it doesnt have to be perfect..in fact--you don't want it to be, they wont crack that way!)
8. Stick 'em back in the freezer for another 5-10 minutes.
9. WAAA-LAH! THEY'RE DONE! pop those suckers out and eat em!

They are so good- we are still eating ours! :) Try it out and tell me how it goes!

2 comments:

Carla Anne said...

So awesome! I am definitely going to do this with Audrey.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Oh my gosh...I want some now!