So we left early tuesday morning for the bahamas. My sister was grumpy.
As soon as we got on the plane, she was knocked out.
We had a short layover in Florida, our flight from DC to Florida was late...
So we had to run from one end of the airport to the other..of course I had to take a picture, and what an embarrassing picture..but its so funny--I can't help but laugh each time I see it..its perfect. We made it to the terminal--and they said the plane wasn't there yet..hahaha, wonderful. We ran and looked like idiots for nothing!
After a short flight, we finally made it! :)
This is part of the cute Villas we stayed in. We stayed at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. Paradise Island is like seven miles long, and then like two miles wide. The Atlantis Resort is about five miles long. Its amazing. The resort is filled with lots and lots of water rides, like a million pools, the largest casino and aquariums in the carribean, and the largest hotel around. There was so much to do, we weren't ever bored! Paradise Island is also home to some celebrities..like Oprah Winfrey and Nicholas Cage.
Here is a picture of my two sisters on a ride. The ride took you on a tunnel and at the end, yoy were in one of the aquariums surrounded by fish and sharks! Pretty cool, huh?
I like drinks. :)
If you take a boat ride across the harbor, you can go in town. Over on New Providence, thats where Nassau is, there is this place called the straw market, which is like this huge flea market and you barder for stuff (I think thats how you spell barder, I could be wrong). I love doing it-the people there are so nice..until you make them mad. On saturday we went there to get some last minute stuff. I was talking to this lady. She was being SO unbelievably rude, so I left. But she has this really cute necklace and purse that I wanted to buy from her..but she was asking way too much for it..she knew it-I knew it. So I left and looked around, but I really wanted that stuff so after about an hour I came back. Again, she was being so rude and nasty. She started yelling at me..so well, long story short I pulled an "Amy," as I like to call it, and told her what was on my mind...Rude lady. All I wanted was to buy a bag and necklace from you. Here is Kaytlin's version of the straw market. Her and Ashleigh were scared to go in there...they think the people there are intimidating..they totally are!
After we walked and shopped in the straw market we went to some other shops and to where Anna Nicole Smith got her tattoo of her kids.(We also went and saw the hospital where the baby was born and her son died...we saw her cemetary too--which is still surrounded by security 24/7) This old man was hitting on me and my mom by the tattoo shop. He asked what our names were..he was freaky, so we told him our names were Cindy and Lori.hahaha Then he told me the next time I was in the bahamas to give him a call...strange old man.
mmm...Goomba Punch.This is the most delicious drink ever. I drank it all day every day while we were there.
I think this picture of my sister is so stinkin' cute.
One night we were there, there was a huge party down by the main pool called the animation celebration. I got to see the characters from Alice and wonderland.
My sister likes kissing fish.
MESA! yay!
Sisters <3
You only have to be 18 to gamble and drink in the bahamas. You know what that means right...my mom loves to play the slots. We played every night. I won $270.50 one night! woo-hoo!!! :)
geez. is this post long enough?!
I had so much fun. I can't wait for the next time we go!!! :) Thanks Mom and Dad for the awesome trip--you guys are amazing!


1 comment:
To bad your parents forgot to send me my plane ticket. I am so proud of you for standing up to the STUPID person at the FLEA market.
Post a Comment