Thursday, May 22, 2008

SO--Like I said in a post I made earlier, I have been so crazy busy! :) Monday I left for a cross-country trip with my dad back to Virginia. But along the way we stopped at some fun places!!
Cindy and Kent(and Jake) waving goodbye!


Day One:
We traveled from Mesa up to Snowflake, and then shot over to Albuquerque, New Mexico!
Why Snowflake? mmm..I love Snowflake. its so pretty up there and there is this yummy restaurant there called trappers and they have yummy hamburgers and pie! I had to take my dad up to try it so he would fall in love and move to AZ!! so after lunch, we drove and drove and drove and made it to NM!

There was this really awesome cow that was made out of scrap metal (don't you love my outfit?)


Day two:
we woke up early, drove from New Mexico to Arkansas! woo-hoo!!
TEXAS! (gotta love the "proud home of president George W. Bush" heccckkk yeahhh!)

Oklahoma! I love how its sunny and beautiful in this picture, and like ten minutes later it was pouring and crazy and there were all these tornado warnings..stupid oklahoma..it was like that last time I drove through it too!

I don't have a picture of me with the arkansas sign because it was dark..and rainy..sad.

Day three:
My Dad and I went to Eureka Springs for part of the day.
There is this church, called the thornburg chapel (I think thats what its called at least) anyway, its made of all glass and wood. It was pretty cool!


After we went and saw the church, we went driving back down the curvey roads and mountains and on our way down I saw this sign for the LARGEST WIND CHYME..how awesome is that? I had to get my picture with it of course!!

That night we made it to my grandparent's house. They live on like over 200 acres of land..i think..and they own a bed and breakfast. So they have four cabins and we stayed in one of them. It was pretty neat, except I HATE BUGS..and there were a millionnnn bugs and spiders! I especially loved the huge one that lived above my bed =)

Day Four:
I went and visited my mom's mom and sister! We went out to lunch, and afterwords spend the whole time chattin' on her comfy couch! After spending time with my gramma and aunt, we drove back to calico rock and met up with all the family that arrived that day! We ate dinner and played games until late!
Horrible picture that my cousin took:


Day Five:
My cousin Christian graduated from High School! yay! Congrats Christian!

Day Six:
My Cousin had a graduation party! We spent the day setting up for his party and then we had the party! It was fun, and my aunt spent so much time and effort on his party--it turned out awesome Angie! and it made me appreciate all that my mom does for me!!

Day Seven:
We left my grandparent's at 6 am and went to visit my grampa don's grave. He was such an amazing man, and he is missed!! I am happy that we went and visited it, he was an awesome guy, and we don't get to visit it that often since we live so far away.
We made it to Virginia that night! We stopped in Radford so that the next day we wouldn't have as long to drive!

Day Eight:
WE FINALLY MADE IT TO STAFFFFFOOORD!
yay!

Okay, so I know there aren't that many pictures towards the end of this post, I've gotta ask my family for the pictures they took! I will put more up though!! =)

No comments: